Do You have Lymphatic congestion?
With Lymphatic massages and treatments becoming more popular, some might be wondering if Lymphatic Massage is for them?
The answer is … yes!
If you’re alive Lymphatic Massage can be beneficial for you.
Although you may not have heard a whole lot about the lymphatic system, it is absolutely a vital part of you, your health, and wellbeing
The Lymphatic system
The lymphatic system is a network of vessels and tissues in our body that work together to help fight infections, remove waste products, and maintain fluid balance. It is similar to the circulatory system, which is responsible for carrying blood throughout our body, but instead of carrying blood, the lymphatic system carries a fluid called lymph.
Lymph is a clear, watery fluid that contains white blood cells, which are our body's defense system against infections and diseases. The lymphatic system collects lymph from different parts of our body, including our organs, tissues, and lymph nodes, and filters it to remove any harmful bacteria, viruses, or other substances.
The lymphatic system also helps to transport fats and fat-soluble vitamins from our digestive system to our bloodstream, and it plays a role in regulating the amount of fluid in our body by draining excess fluid from our tissues and returning it to our bloodstream.
Overall, the lymphatic system is an essential part of our immune system and plays a crucial role in maintaining our overall health and well-being.
How do I know if I have a sluggish or congested Lymphatic system?
Most people have some sort of congestion in the lymphatic system. This is due to the many life stressors and toxins we are exposed to, as well as our activity levels. One of the Lymph systems primary jobs is to remove Toxins from the body. In Modern society Toxins can be found everywhere: In the food we eat, in the lotions and creams we put on our bodies, in the air we breath, and even the medications we have to take. For the most part the Lymphatic system does a pretty good job of keeping us clean and healthy. But sometimes it can get overburdened with excess work. This can cause congestion, stagnation, and in even some cases a blockage of the Lymph Flow. Another reason the Lymphatic system tends to get congested is because the Lymphatic System relies on Muscular contraction and body movement to circulate the Lymph Fluid. Since most people now sit most of the day, our bodies tend to move less, which means less muscle contractions, which means less Lymph pumping
Here are some common signs that you may have Lymphatic congestions
- Swelling or edema: When the lymphatic system is unable to properly remove excess fluid from the body, it can lead to swelling or edema in the affected area.
- Fatigue: If the lymphatic system is not functioning properly, it can lead to a buildup of toxins in the body, which can cause fatigue or low energy levels.
- Frequent infections: The lymphatic system plays a key role in our immune system, and if it becomes congested, it can weaken our body's defenses against infections and make us more susceptible to illness.
- Skin problems: Congestion in the lymphatic system can also lead to skin problems such as acne, eczema, or rashes.
- Digestive issues: The lymphatic system plays a role in the digestion and absorption of fats, so if it becomes congested, it can lead to digestive problems such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea.
If any of these resonate with you, don’t fret! There is a great way to treat the Lymphatic System, and decrease stagnation: Lymphatic Massage!
Benefits of Lymphatic Massage
The benefits of Lymphatic Massage a many so here are just a few:
- Reducing swelling: Lymphatic drainage can help reduce swelling and fluid retention in the body, which can be caused by a range of factors including surgery, injury, or pregnancy.
- Boosting immune function: The lymphatic system is a key part of our immune system, and improving the flow of lymph can help boost our body's natural defenses against infections and diseases.
- Promoting relaxation: Lymphatic drainage is a gentle, soothing massage that can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Improving skin health: Lymphatic drainage can help improve the appearance and health of the skin by promoting the flow of lymph and reducing inflammation.
- Enhancing detoxification: The lymphatic system plays a crucial role in removing waste and toxins from the body, and lymphatic drainage can help enhance this natural detoxification process.
Not only is Lymphatic Massage extremely beneficial to your health and wellbeing, but it’s also extremely relaxing and soothing, calming your nervous system and inducing a state of relaxation. It’s a win win!!
Now of course there are some people who should not receive a general lymphatic massage, or perhaps the treatment may need to be modified. This is why our Lymphatic Massage treatments are provided by Registered Massage Therapist only. Our RMT’s have the knowledge to safely apply the treatment, or be able to recognize if the treatment isn’t safe for you. At MyoCare our treatments are not generic. You are unique, and so should your treatment.
If you’re unsure whether or not Lymphatic Massage is safe for you, do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly answer your questions to the best of our abiliy