Brazilian (Basic) Lymphatic Massage
MyoCare RMT - Toronto Based Massage Therapy Clinic
60 minutes Full Body Lymphatic Massage $160
90 minute Full Body and Face Lymphatic Massage $198
90 minutes Full Body Lymphatic massage with Vacuum Therapy $215
105 minutes Full Body and Face Lymphatic Massage with Vacuum Therapy $230
All Rates include applicable taxes
Brazilian, also known as Basic Lymphatic Massage, helps speed up your lymphatic flow and decrease congestion of fluid in the body. Speeding up a slow and sluggish lymphatic system has many benefits
- Decreases fluid retention in your body, leaving you with a less bloated and more contoured body
- Increases overall health and wellness as it helps the lymphatic system pick up metabolic waste, sitting stagnant in the body, so it can be filtered and eliminated
- Helps pick up protein and fat from the small intestine so it can re circulated and used for energy, instead of being stored in the abdominal area.
- Helps support the immune system, as most of the immune system is found in the lymphatic system
- Can help decrease chronic pain as lymphatic congestion and fluid retention can lead to compression of the sensitive pain receptors found throughout the body
- Helps decrease abdominal bloating and discomfort
- Can help decrease brain fog
Why does the lymphatic system become slow and sluggish?
There are many reasons the lymphatic system can become congested and slow, but one of the primary reasons is because it doesen’t have a natural pump to help with its circulation.
It relies on muscle contraction and in fluid pressure. Since our lifestyles have become more sedentary and we tend to be dehydrated, lymph flow gradually becomes affected. Tight, dehydrated and restricted fascia can also block lymphatic flow. A large portion of the lymphatic system is located in the superficial fascia. If the fascia is dehydrated and dense, it will block proper lymphatic flow.
This is why we usually pair the Brazilian style Lymphatic Massage with Vacuum Therapy. Vacuum Therapy help release the superficial fascia without compressing the lymphatic system. It is usually performed before the lymphatic massage to help improve its results
Of course, there are many other causes of congested lymphatic systems such as Chronic disease, medications, kidney or liver issues, scarring around primary lymph nodes, cancers, and many more. Brazilian lymphatic massage cannot safely treat these causes, and you may be referred to another practitioner for more advanced lymphatic drainage.
Is Brazilian Lymphatic Massage safe for everyone?
No, there are some conditions that can cause lymphatic congestion and should not be treated by Brazilian Lymphatic Massage, as it could make the congestion worse or cause more issues.
Contraindications for Brazilian lymphatic massage
- Active cancers
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Renal (Kidney) Failure
- Active infection
- Active Blood clots
- Removal of many Lymph nodes
- Crohn’s Disease
- Mastectomy of left breast
Although Brazilian Style Lymphatic Massage should not be performed if you have any of the above conditions, you may still benefit from more advanced lymphatic treatments. In this case you will be referred out.
Does Brazilian Lymphatic massage hurt?
No, it a very soothing and rhythmic treatments. The pressure varies from very light, and gradually increases to address the circulatory system as well. Most people find it extremely relaxing. It is a full body treatment, that includes the abdomen, which is a super important part of the treatment.
All our Brazilian Lymphatic Massage Treatments are performed by RMT’s, therefor insurance receipts will be issued, and you can trust that you are in good hands.