How often should I have a Massage? There are two answers to this question. Many people receive regular massage throughout their lives;
- For preventative health – to maintain flexibility, good posture and decreased stress response.
- To manage painful conditions including chronic pain, headaches and back & neck pain.
- To become more conscious of how their body functions – to be more ‘body aware’.
- Also, Massage Therapy is excellent for specific conditions which require focused treatment plans such as: Injuries to soft tissue like sprains and strains and activity-based syndromes like Runner’s Knee or Plantar Fasciitis.
- Treatment of contractures due to previous injury or surgeries.
- Rehabilitation of a limb after removal of a cast. Your therapist will make recommendations about frequency and duration based upon your treatment plan. It is a good idea to stick with your plan so you can achieve the maximum benefit from treatment.